My name is Robert Brandon Sandor and I am NOT here to be your friend; I am NOT here hoping that you agree with me nor do I care if you vote for me - I am NOT running for a political office. I am HIV+ since 1983, gay male and a free thinker and NOT afraid to question the status quo. The numbers that the CDC is offering to Americans regarding the HIV infection rate, don't add up. There is a flaw and here is my reasoning... (CDC in BOLD my comments in ITALIC.) ACCORDING TO THE CURRENT CDC "FACTS" (as of 4:29 am, March 4, 2015) 1) "More than 1.2 million people in the United States are living with HIV infection, and almost 1 in 7 (14%) are unaware of their infection." As of March 4, 2015 the recorded total population of America (as of 2014) is 318.9 million. The CDC is REPORTING AS FACT that there are 1.2 million living with HIV (about the total 2010 population of Dallas, Texas - 1,197,816). Therefore there are 317.7 (318.9 - 1.2 = 317.7) LIVING HIV FREE without PrEP or PEP, they are HIV-negative. WHY? HOW DID 317.7 MILLION Americans find a way NOT to get infected with HIV? (hint: safe sex, Serosorting and Safe Sex Serosorting not PrEP or PEP). The CDC is reporting AS FACT that "almost 1 in 7 (14%) are unaware of their infection." How is it possible that The CDC knows that 1 in 7 are infected with HIV BUT the 1 in 7 don't?
Therefore (according to The CDC) 1.2 million Americans are HIV+ and 317.7 are HIV-negative WITHOUT PrEP or PEP (Successfully HIV-negative thus proving the HIV "experts" wrong - HIV has been stopped), and HIV Researchers worldwide in ALL fields need to start their Grant Funding proposals to find out WHY 317.7 million Americans are NOT HIV+ today. Also, since The CDC KNOWS that 1 in 7 Americans are infected with HIV but "are unaware of their infection", The CDC is now required to contact those 1 in 7 and get them into treatment. Otherwise The CDC is CHOOSING to allow the overall health of those 1 in 7 to get WORSE. Not a good thing for Dr. Thomas R. Frieden , the Director of The CDC.
Area of future HIV Research: Safe Sex Serosorting for the 317.7 HIV-negative Americans who have successfully stopped HIV in it's tracks - safe sex IS successful AND more popular than unsafe sex or PrEP / PEP combined.
2) "Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSMa), particularly young black/African American MSM, are most seriously affected by HIV." This is a direct result of racial negligence, censorship, discrimination and accounting fraud on the part of HIV agencies, organizations, "experts" and "professionals" for NOT doing their job to help educate their MOC (Men Of Color) communities. Examples are - but NOT limited to - Sean David Griffiths, Special Assistant to the Deputy Director, SE, The CDC; Dan O'Connell, Director NYSDOH, Peter La Qure, Director, NYSDOH; George DeStefano, Director, NYCDOH, James M. Brown, Program Consultant, Bureau of STD Control, NYCDOH, Daniel Blausey, Director, GMHC; Lynnette Ford, Managing Director, GMHC; Jason Cianciotto, Director of Public Policy, GMHC; Durell Knights, Group Facilitator, GMHC; Daniel Leyva, Senior Director, Latino Commission On AIDS, Robert A. Woodworth, Director of Capital Projects, The LGBT Community Center; Eleanor C. Nealy, Director, Mental Health and Social Services, The LGBT Community Center; Ana Ventuneac, Project Manager, Columbia University; Paul Schindler, Editor in Chief, Gay City News; David Moyal, Alex Erikson and John Russell, NEXT Magazine; Evelyn Vayner, VP Sales & Marketing, Metrosource Magazine. AND Harlem United, Housing Works, Communi - Life and others. This is the SHORT list. (Contact them to confirm and tell them I said "Hello".)
3) "By race, blacks/African Americans face the most severe burden of HIV." Because of the reasons I stated in #2. This is also due to the negligent behavior of The HIV Researchers nationwide for choosing NOT to conduct the required research into the HIV Prevention and Harm Reduction Strategy called Safe Sex Serosorting. Serosorting and Safe Sex Serosorting were introduced into the American Gay Culture back in the mid 1990's, here in New York City, NY. Safe Sex Serosorting is HIV-negative people (gay or straight) having SAFE SEX with other HIV-negative people - gay or straight, and thereby making safe sex SAFER.
CDC estimates that 1,201,100 persons aged 13 years and older are living with HIV infection, including 168,300 (14%) who are unaware of their infection. Over the past decade, the number of people living with HIV has increased, while the annual number of new HIV infections has remained relatively stable. Still, the pace of new infections continues at far too high a level— particularly among certain groups. Is The CDC is saying that 1,032,800 are HIV+ in America (1,201,100 - 168,300 = 1,032,800) OR at 1,369,400 (1,201,100 + 168,300 = 1,369,400) Americans are HIV+? The CDC chooses to confuse the American public, WHY? To justify more funding perhaps...
* HIV Incidence (new infections): The estimated incidence of HIV has remained stable overall in recent years, at about 50,000 new HIV infections per year. Within the overall estimates, however, some groups are affected more than others. MSM continue to bear the greatest burden of HIV infection, and among races/ethnicities, African Americans continue to be disproportionately affected. The reason why HIV has "remained stable overall in recent years) is largely due to the HIV-negative population in America (317.7 million according to The CDC) having safe sex with other HIV-negative people - gay or straight - and their Freedom Of Choice. HIV-negative gay men are coming out of the closet and making their voices heard, they are defending their right to pick and choose their sex partners based on HIV status. Their Freedom Of Choice. Soon, HIV Researchers worldwide will publish Safe Sex Serosorting studies and data. They have already published the prototype studies.
* HIV Diagnoses (new diagnoses, regardless of when infection occurred or stage of disease at diagnosis): In 2012, an estimated 47,989 people were diagnosed with HIV infection in the United States. In that same year, an estimated 27,928 people were diagnosed with AIDS. Overall, an estimated 1,170,989 people in the United States have been diagnosed with AIDS. The new infection rate is flawed because of The CDC statement: "regardless of when infection occurred or stage of disease at diagnosis". FOR EXAMPLE: This means that an HIV+ gay man who moved to Boston from New York City has INCREASED the new HIV infection rate in Boston by one, and lowered HIV cases in New York City by one. Factor in the CDC formula of new infections on a nationwide scale - CONFUSING! Therefore, the "new infection rate" nationwide is flawed because it does not take into account the migration of the current HIV+ population from one city to another.
* Deaths: An estimated 13,834 people with an AIDS diagnosis died in 2011, and approximately 648,459 people in the United States with an AIDS diagnosis have overall. The deaths of persons with an AIDS diagnosis can be due to any cause—that is, the death may or may not be related to AIDS. This is also flawed because of The CDC statement: "The deaths of persons with an AIDS diagnosis can be due to any cause—that is, the death may or may not be related to AIDS". Therefore, 100% of those who had AIDS and died in 2011, did NOT die from AIDS. Can you spell: CONTRADICTION? Thus, those of us who are HIV+ no longer need to take meds because we will not die from AIDS.
By Risk Group
Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) of all races and ethnicities remain the population most profoundly affected by HIV. This is by choice. Gay men understand and defend their LEGITIMATE right to pick and chose their own sex partners regardless of HIV status, race and regardless if the have safe sex or not. Otherwise this is rape and arrests would be made. Gay men in America understand that when they have unsafe sex with their own HIV status, they stop the spread of HIV, look at the highly successful Gay BareBack Porn Industry .
In 2010, the estimated number of new HIV infections among MSM was 29,800, a significant 12% increase from the 26,700 new infections among MSM in 2008. The CDC is once again is chosing to confuse the American population: 317.7 million (CDC study 2014) are HIV-negative and NONE are gay or bi-sexual. The math does not lie: 317.7 million HIV-negative is larger than 29,800. CONCLUSION: HIV-negative gay men ARE more socially and sexually responsible and respectful than the HIV 'experts" are giving us credit for - including The CDC.
Although MSM represent about 4% of the male population in the United States, in 2010, MSM accounted for 78% of new HIV infections among males and 63% of all new infections. MSM accounted for 54% of all people living with HIV infection in 2011, the most recent year these data are available.
In 2010, white MSM continued to account for the largest number of new HIV infections (11,200), by transmission category, followed closely by black MSM (10,600).
The estimated number of new HIV infections was greatest among MSM in the youngest age group. In 2010, the greatest number of new HIV infections (4,800) among MSM occurred in young black/African American MSM aged 13–24. Young black MSM accounted for 45% of new HIV infections among black MSM and 55% of new HIV infections among young MSM overall.
Since the epidemic began, an estimated 306,885 MSM with an AIDS diagnosis have died, including an estimated 5,302 in 20113.